Location: Microsoft’s Offices
6:00 Networking and Refreshments
6:30 Tutorial or Q&A Session – Windows Forms User Controls with the FlowLayoutPanel Control
7:15 Technical Presentation
How to Sell Software Online as a Micro-ISV
Synopsis: Have you ever thought it would be nice to make a little money on the side selling an application or tool you’ve written but you just don’t know where to start? If so then this talk is for you! We’ll talk about:
- Models – Ask for donations or sell licenses?
- Picking a license – Closed or open source?
- How to create and programmatically enforce licenses
- Key generation and validation
- Integrating with services like PayPal
- Getting the word out (Advertising)
- Using analytics
- Registering with Microsoft
- Taking advantage of Microsoft BizSpark
Bio: Doug Ware is the leader of the Atlanta .NET User Group and the founder of Elumenotion, a SharePoint Consulting and Training company located in Atlanta, Georgia.
Doug recently became a small independent software vendor (micro-ISV) with a CSS editing tool called Elumenotion SharePoint Skinner and he wants to share what he learned with you.
Meeting Location and Directions
1125 Sanctuary Pkwy.
Atlanta, GA 30004